Kingsgate Speech, Language & Reading specializes in helping students who demonstrate difficulty learning to read, write and spell. Reading is a complex language-based skill. Students with reading disability and dyslexia benefit from linguistically explicit instruction that is systematic, integrated and multi-sensory.
Reading instruction really is 'rocket science' and requires teaching by well-trained, experienced teachers who can analyze instruction, monitor progress, and provide effective treatment that leads to the student’s success in learning to read.
Effective teaching involves:
- Phonology and Phonemic Awareness (processing the sound system in language)
- Letter/Sound Correspondence
- Exposure to Sight Words and Irregular Words
- Fluency & Accurate and Automatic Word Recognition
- Strategies for Decoding Longer (multisyllabic) Words
- Reading Comprehension Strategies
Find out more about reading comprehension (PDF).
KINGSGATE SPEECH, LANGUAGE & READING
Kathy Boroughs M.S., CCC - Speech Language Pathologist